Yesterday, April 2nd, was Autism Awareness Day and this is Autism Awareness month. Poudre School District’s Integrated Services staff provide top quality services to students with autism year round, resulting in impressive outcomes. This is recognized not just locally but state wide and nationally. Great work Integrated Services team! Thank you for supporting all students, and this month, we recognize your work on behalf of students with autism.
Below are some of the statistics regarding autism identification.
- 1 in 34 boys identified with autism
- 1 in 144 girls identified with autism
- Boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with autism than girls.
- Most children were are being diagnosed after age 4, though autism can be reliably diagnosed as early as age 2.
- Autism affects all ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
- Early intervention affords the best opportunity to support healthy development and deliver benefits across the lifespan.