October is National Physical Therapy Month and an opportunity to celebrate Poudre School District’s three physical therapists: Rachel Collier, Nancy Miller, and Anna Siliciano! Our physical therapy team serves students across Poudre School District from early childhood through transition services. As you can imagine, they are working hard every day to meet student needs in our schools. Below is information about physical therapy in schools.
- Physical therapy is one of the related services under Part B of IDEA;
- Physical therapy is provided to support the student’s individualized education program (IEP);
- Physical therapists work collaboratively with a student’s IEP team and participate in screening, evaluation, program planning, and intervention;
- As a member of the IEP team, physical therapists design and implement physical therapy interventions—including teaching and training of education personnel and measurement and documentation of progress—to help the student achieve IEP goals;
- Physical therapists assist students in accessing school environments and benefiting from their educational program and can assist students who have Section 504 needs.
When you see one of our physical therapists this month (or anytime), take a moment to celebrate the work that they do to support students in our schools!
Poudre School District